Cooking time: 1hr
Ingredients for marination
- One 3-4 pound chicken.
- One cup lemon juice.
- Grated zest of lemon.
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon Mixed herbs.
- Fresh grounded pepper.
- Roasted raisins.
- Wash the chicken under cold running water and pat it dry.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for marination.
- Place the chicken inside zipper top plastic bag, add the ingredients to chicken, seal the zipper top bag and give a nice shake before refrigeration for 6-8 hours.
- After refrigeration remove the chicken from zipper top, pat it dry and load the chicken onto the spit rod assembly as per manufactures instruction and roast until instant meat reading thermometer registers 175 on inserting it to the thickest part of chicken thighs (usually it takes 20-25 min roasting per pound).
- Serve in a plate with lime wedges.